There are numerous diseases that can be caused by insects, and some of the most common ones are:
- Malaria – caused by female Anopheles mosquitoes infected with Plasmodium parasites
- Dengue fever – caused by Aedes mosquitoes infected with dengue virus
- Lyme disease – caused by ticks infected with Borrelia bacteria
- Zika virus – caused by Aedes mosquitoes infected with Zika virus
- West Nile virus – caused by mosquitoes infected with West Nile virus
- Yellow fever – caused by Aedes mosquitoes infected with yellow fever virus
- Chagas disease – caused by triatomine bugs infected with Trypanosoma cruzi parasite
- African sleeping sickness – caused by tsetse flies infected with Trypanosoma brucei parasite
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever – caused by ticks infected with Rickettsia bacteria
- Leishmaniasis – caused by sand flies infected with Leishmania parasites.
It’s important to take precautions to avoid insect bites and to seek medical attention if you develop any symptoms after being bitten by an insect.