Do you have a rat and mice infestation ?
Almost all homeowners know the feeling of unease that accompanies finding mice or rodents in your home. Whether in the kitchen, attic, basement or dining room – a rodent sighting can incite surprise and fear in even the most composed homeowner.
Unfortunately, these common pests are resourceful creatures that can enter a building or home through the smallest opening or crack, and require very little space to travel inside. Mice can easily fit through spaces as small as a nickel!
Rodents seek shelter indoors, especially during the cooler fall and winter months, and once inside can cause more than just an unpleasant infestation. Rodents put homes at risk for electrical fires by gnawing through wires.
More frequently, though, rodents serve as vectors, carrying bacteria, such as salmonella, on their bodies and contaminating food sources, kitchen surfaces and equipment. The common white-footed deer mouse is also known to transmit the potentially fatal Hantavirus.
Use exclusion and sanitation tactics to get rid of rodents in a safe and cost-effective way. The most effective long-term solution is to keep rodents out in the first place. Measures such as sealing entry points prevent rodents from entering buildings and help you avoid a full-scale invasion.
Follow the tips in the sections below and you will be one step closer to keeping your home permanently free of rats and mice.
How to Control Rodents (Rats and Mice)
Rats and mice are not only a nuisance but can also cause property damage and transmit diseases. You’ll know they’ve arrived if you see rodent droppings near a food source or shredded fabric or paper. If you identify rodents, there are several steps to take to ensure permanent removal of these pests.
Removing rodents with traps or poisons will not keep rodents out of your home in the future. To permanently keep rats and mice out of your home or business, you will need to prevent access by sealing all possible entry points. It is equally important to eliminate rodent attractions such as food and water by keeping food in tightly sealed containers and repairing leaky pipes.
Common Sources of Food and Water
- Food in unsealed containers such as bags of chips, rice, cereal, crackers, flour, and other non-perishables.
- Pet food and water left out overnight or in a bag rather than in a secure container.
- Fruits or vegetables in open bowls left outside of refrigerator.
- Leaky pipes or faucets throughout the house.
- Open trash and compost containers.
Common Rodent Access Points
- Holes near cabinets, closets or doors leading to outside or crawl spaces.
- Holes around sink or appliance pipes.
- Cracked foundations in the basement or unscreened ventilation holes in the attic, especially in older structures.
- Holes around windows or doors.
- Missing screens in vents or crawl spaces under buildings.
Once you have blocked the access points and removed sources of food and water, you’ll need to eliminate the remaining rodents. The following sections offer an overview of different treatment options and serve as useful guidance for keeping your home or business permanently free of rats and mice.
PEST CONTROL SERVICES WE OFFER IN NAIROBI & KENYA
- Commercial Pest Control Services in Nairobi Kenya
- Construction Pest control servies in Nairobi Kenya
- Domestic & Residential Pest Control Services in Nairobi Kenya
- Pest control services by disinfection
- Pest Control By Fumigation
- Wasps Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Ticks Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Spiders Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Snakes Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Rodents Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Rats Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Moths Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Mosquito Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Mice / Mouse Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Flies Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Fleas Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Cocroaches Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Birds Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Bees Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Insect Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya
- Rodents Pest Control in Nairobi Kenya